Name of the district
Luce Bayou Public Utility District
Name and term of office for each board member
President – Ruben Robles (Term Ends 05/2026)
Vice President/Asst. Sec – David Wassell (Term Ends 05/26)
Secretary/Treasurer – Fletcher Gray (Term Ends 05/26)
Asst. Secretary – Randel Durdin (Term Ends 05/24)
Asst. Vice President – David W. Francis (Term Ends 05/24)
Contact information for main office of district
Coats Rose, P.C.
9 Greenway Plaza, Suite 1000, Houston, Texas 77046
Phone: (713) 651-0111
Official contact information for each board member
Same as contact information for main office of district.
If applicable, the name of the general manager
The name of the person representing the operator, including a mailing address and telephone number
M. Marlon Ivy & Associates, Inc.
19333 Haude Road, Spring, Texas 77388
P. O. Box 9, Spring, Texas 77383
The name of the person representing the tax assessor/collector, including mailing address and telephone number
Mike Arterburn, Jr.
Mike Arterburn, Sr.
Utility Tax Service, LLC
11500 Northwest Freeway #150, Houston, Texas 77092
The rate of the ad valorem tax;
If applicable, the sales and use tax rate;
Any tax rate hearing notice;
Location and schedule of meeting of the district
The District generally meets on the first Wednesday of the month at 5:00 p.m. at the May Community Center, 2100 Wolf Road, Huffman, Texas 77336.
A statement that the residents have a right to request a designation of a meeting location within the district
Residents of the District have the right to request the designation of a meeting location within the District under Section 49.062(g), Water Code. A description of this process can be found at https://www.tceq.texas.gov/downloads/water-districts/forms/form-20863.pdf.
Each meeting notice and minutes of meetings for the current year and the preceding 12 months
Elections – Bonds
The District does not currently have a pending bond election.
Elections – Directors
The next election for the District will be held on May 4, 2024.
To be qualified to serve as a director, a person shall be at least 18 years old, a resident citizen of the State of Texas, and either own land subject to taxation in the district or be a qualified voter within the district.
Director candidacy filing requirements and deadlines are as follows:
To run for election to the District’s Board of Directors, a person must file an application for a place on the ballot. The application must be filed with the Secretary of the District’s Board of Directors or his designated agent by mail, fax or in person. An application may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-21f.pdf.
- Texas Ethics Commission – Forms and Instructions
- First day to file for place on May 4, 2024 general election ballot is Wednesday, January 17, 2024.
- Last day to file for place on May 4, 2024 general election ballot is by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 16, 2024.
- A person may run for election to the District’s Board of Directors as a write-in candidate and to do so must file a declaration of write-in candidacy. The declaration must be filed with the Secretary of the District’s Board of Directors or his/her designated agent by mail, fax, email or in person. A declaration form may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.texas.gov/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-23f.pdf
- Deadline to file write-in candidacy declaration for May 4, 2024 general election is by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 20, 2024.
The location(s) of the election will be posted upon determination.
Election – Documents
- Notice of Deadline to File Applications for Place on the Ballot
Aviso De Fecha Límite Para Presentar Solicitudes Para Un Lugar En La Boleta
Thông Báo Thời Hạn Chot Nop Don Xin Ghi Tên Trên Lá Phiếu
- Application For a Place on the Ballot For a General Election For a City, School District or Other Political Subdivision (state.tx.us)
Solicitud de Inscripción para un Lugar en la Boleta de Una Elección General para Una Ciudad, Distrito Escolar u Otra Subdivisión Polĺtica (state.tx.us)
- Candidacy Filing – Local Political Subdivisions
- Water Code Chapter 49 – Provisions Applicable to All Districts
- Water Code Chapter 54 – Municipal Utility Districts